sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

When I ride with my headlights in, to drains the battery. I

when I ride with my headlights in, to drains the battery. I have installed a new generator, new regulator, starter relay, but it still does the same thing
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: Fuses are all OK and bulbs are OK
JA: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?
Customer: honda cbr 600 fy
JA: What year is your 600?
Customer: 2000
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Like I said, have installed may things, all done by a profecianal motorbike mechanic
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just want my bike to ride and go without it draining the battery. When I switch off the lights the battery charges up and I have not problem, eccept when I turn on the head lights

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have put a new rectifier, a new started solenoid a new generator and still the battery drain.!

Dear customer, what you are telling me is a clear symptom of a short in the lights wiring. This sudden discharge of the battery may be because there is a short that is taking power very abruptly from the battery to the point that the generator is not allowing charging, i.e the consumption is much greater than the generation and this can be seen many times in a short, many people think that a short circuit is clearly the cause of a light burn but many times it is not like that and it seems to me that this is your case.
I recommend you check the wiring since your model is 2000, surely it has stored corrosion, or some pitted cable sections that have been exposed.