sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Just took a loose battery connection off, fixed ot and

Just took a loose battery connection off, fixed ot and reconnected all good , but now on the satnav / info screen it just says secure !
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Jist got the vehicle yesterday! (2007) pathfinder
JA: What year is your Pathfinder?
Customer: Batt.looks good was new in 2015
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Jist fixed the loose batt conection But now the satbav stereo screen says secure
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Would also like to know where the map dvd goes if we can get it working again!

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do u know what I can do to get the stereo and satnav working again??
Says secure
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Also , when it's fixed , where do I put the map dvd?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Dear customer, this seems to be a problem with the NATS system.
I suggest you disconnect the battery again and turn the ignition key a few times. Reconnect and see if it works .
Another procedure you can try is:
To reset the radio you will need to hold down the power button on the dash for 10-20 seconds.

If it does not work, you could share a picture of the indicator please. It seems that you have the anti theft system activated. Also have you checked fuses so far?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Great! That's now alive again!!
But !! , key fob doesn't lock or unlock vehicle!
Also where does the map dvd go!!
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Any idea where the map dvd goes in?? Tried putting it in the cd player no go!

I am glad it is now alive again.
About the key fob, it must have lost programming or the battery is flat.
On case, we will need to program it again.
The Manufacturer decided to not produce this vehicle with self-programming capabilities.
You must get an Automotive Locksmith to program the key fob to your vehicle for you.

About the DVD maps it should be read it in the CD player. It is the only CD slot.