RichardM1126
RichardM1126, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
110837232

The back inside light of my Vauxhall Meriva stayed on during

The back inside light of my Vauxhall Meriva stayed on during my journey this evening and won't turn off
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The ones in the ceiling at the back of the car
JA: What year is your Journey?
Customer: 2016
JA: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's a Vauxhall Meriva. I've recently moved house and don't have my instruction book to hand. Will my battery drain by the morning or will I be able to get over easily to my local Vauxhall garage?
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so. I'm on my own and this is the first time it's happened.

Hi my name is ***** ***** to hear you are having problems with your car,  those lights normally work by being pushed to turn on, make sure if it is the push type it’s not been knocked , also check all doors and boots are actually shut correctly,

normally the interior lights will turn off approximately 20 mins after the car is turned off and locked to prevent battery going flat,

always worth giving it a push please note if you do push it in it will stay on while doors are open

hope this helps

many thanks