sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a dmax 2.5 twin turbo 2016 model. There is loud

Customer Question

i have a dmax 2.5 twin turbo 2016 model. There is loud metallic rattle and vibration when I accelerate coming from the engine
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: sounds like the from the front of the engine or top not too sure. a few weeks
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not done anything only had the vehicle since late May
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nothing comes to mind
Category: Car
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 17 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they know the make, model, year of your vehicle, engine type and size, fuel type and registration plate number.
Please provide the information above to help Experts find a solution quicker.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Tetyana – Moderator
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer be careful with this type of sound because it can usually be engine lubrication problems, it happens a lot when the oil pump has problems, it can even be a camshaft or crankshaft knock and the problem is that driving the vehicle with these knocks can cause excessive wear on the engine leading to high repair costs, but it can also be simply a problem in one of the accessory pulleys how in the alternator pulley in the air compressor or even simply a tensioner can also be a problem in the engine timing distribution kit, it is recommended that when this type of noise occurs I do not drive the vehicle and is checked as soon as possible.