sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Jumping out of 5th gear, Slight fluid leak done just over a

Customer Question

Jumping out of 5th gear
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: Slight fluid leak done just over a hundred thousand miles
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Fiat Ducati
JA: What year is your Fiat?
Customer: Fiat Ducato 1999
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have taken off cover to 5th gear there are some teeth broken I am unable to remove 5th gear as I haven't got the proper tool
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 21 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer how can I help you if you want to send me some pictures of what you can't do to remove the fifth wheel gear, if I'm not mistaken he uses some retainers you need some special pieces that are pointed.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 19 days ago.

Dear customer as a general answer I must tell you that these gears have special retainers to be able to remove it you need some sharp tweezers which allow you to squeeze the retainers so they can come out you can get these tweezers anywhere, you have to be careful not to press too hard on retainers or because you can not split The problem is that for the year of your ducato get these retainers can be a little complicated