sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Hiya Mikw, Audi Q7 tdi Sline - 2006 model, 2006, Yes. Have

Hiya Mikw
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Audi Q7 tdi Sline - 2006 model
JA: What year is your Q7?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Q7 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Have tried using the mechanical key, also applied WD40, to no avail. Had to call in breakdown service - who used air pods to create a gap on the drivers door, then inserted a rod and tried to pull the door handle from inide, but won' open
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: No its fine
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thats all
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Just another thing, the breakdown guy also used this hooked rod to reach down to the bonnet latch, but alas even that didn't work as the latch can only travel further only when the door is open

My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they know the make, model, year of your vehicle, engine type and size, fuel type and registration plate number.
Please provide the information above to help Experts find a solution quicker.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Tetyana – Moderator

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, the problem is that this procedure should be done by an automotive locksmith company, we as mechanical technicians have difficulty to open vehicles for this reason the AA could not, any locksmith company does this procedure and goes to where the vehicle is located.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks Sebastian
A locksmith was my last option as I wanted to exhaust all other possibilities. I even to off the sump guard in the hope of being able to locate the starter, so as I could hook up my booster to give it just enough power to be able to open the car door, but no hope as I can't even see the starter. Without the door opening I can't even change the battery which is located under the passenger seat.

As I said before, this is the best option to do, as these companies are experts in this and can solve it in a short time and without major risks.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks again ***** have booked an automotive locksmith company - Car Key Specialists for tomorrow , Wednesday afternoon. Once done I will provide you with a feedback.
Many thanks for your kind guidance

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Just a quick update for you! The Car key specialist spent quite some time and tried all he could but failed to open the car. I even suggested we break a window, but then he said even if we do, the car does not even open when the lever from inside is pulled - as it's all electronically controlled.Will appreciate any other ideas you may have, like an autoelectrician etc...
Meantime have a great day!

Dear customer sorry for the delay in contacting you I would like to know where you are to help you locate a more specialized workshop that can solve this problem surely the problem that is presenting at the level of the central locking system so locksmith could not at first my thought was that your problem came from the locking system but now it is clear to me that it is an electronic problem.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes