sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

There is a knocking coming from the engine and I've noticed

Customer Question

There is a knocking coming from the engine and I've noticed oil in the coolant reservoir
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: knocking started on a way back from a trip few months ago. I've haven't driven the car since
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Ford focus mk3 2011 1.6L ecoboost engine
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I didnt touch this car myself, but since i had it I've done few services and changed timing belt and water pump
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing comes to my mind at the moment
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 21 days ago.

Hola, soy José Sebastián. Su experto en automoción, es un placer para mí atender su pregunta. Muchas gracias por confiar en la respuesta justa.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
what about english? Sorry Don' speak ( I guess ) Spanish

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer when we have oil in the coolant reservoir is because the gasket in the combustion chamber of the engine has been damaged and is not sealing the passage, when this happens the repair is a bit expensive because they have to check for damage to the camera and if everything is correct simply replace the gasket but for this you have to disassemble the top of the engine, this can occur by overheating of the engine, lack of replacement of the filter and engine oil, damage to the engine cooling system and so on ....

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
is it better to replace the engine?

Dear customer, not necessarily, it all depends on the damage, for this it is necessary to disassemble and evaluate what has happened to the engine.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
But what is the cost of such an evaluation?

Dear customer, the cost of the valuation I could not tell you exactly what it is, it depends a lot on the workshops, this cost could be around 1000 pounds to two thousand in only labor.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
ok. Thank you

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.