sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My sump cracked and all oil ranout and i drove it for 2

Customer Question

my sump cracked and all oil ranout and i drove it for 2 miles with no oil
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: 6 months ago
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: mazda 2 sports
JA: What year is your Mazda2?
Customer: its a o8 reg
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i would like some information as to what is the best way to get it repaired if possible
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have contacted a local garage but they seem to want a new motor to be installed
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer if there is a problem only the sign this can be obtained even new or second hand at very good prices in junkyards, but if the engine does not have any type of problem that is to say there is no strong noise, no loss of power, no activated codes or strong blows of the engine the engine surely does not suffer damages although 2 miles is too much for an engine without lubrication.

However, in case the engine already has excessive wear, it has to undergo a good repair. The problem is that engines that fail due to lubrication problems are very expensive to repair, that is why complete engine replacement is a better option for these engine damages.