sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Isuzu trooper 3lt it will not fire not even with easy start

Customer Question

Isuzu trooper 3lt it will not fire not even with easy start nothing thanks
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: no
JA: What year is your Trooper?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you fixing your Trooper yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes tried new ecu immobiliser transponder still wont fire
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Car
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 19 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they know the make, model, year of your vehicle, engine type and size, fuel type and registration plate number.
Please provide the information above to help Experts find a solution quicker.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Tetyana – Moderator
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Isuzu trooper lwb diesel 3lt engine 4jx1 reg vu02nbb
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, does the engine turn over when you try to start it?
Did you check with a purge of the injection system?

I would also like to know how this problem happened.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Dear customer I understand the problem you are experiencing, according to the symptoms there is a possibility that the problem is at the fuel injection level.

But fuel preheaters can also cause this kind of problem.

Let me explain the factors that a diesel engine needs to start properly: the first thing is good fuel pressure and high compression in the cylinders because as the diesel is a bit volatile it needs to spray at high pressure in the injectors and then be subjected to high compression in the cylinders.

But first of all they need to be preheated so that the fuel can give the first combustion and then the same temperature of the engine allows the good operation of the vehicle, the preheating is given by preheating spark plugs when they are not heating the fuel unfortunately the vehicle does not start.

But also a loss of injection pressure and a lack of compression of the cylinders can cause the vehicle not to start.