sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Air bag warning light came on last week. Honda garage

Air bag warning light came on last week. Honda garage checked SRS system . V0151 can connection error srs unable to communicate with srs unit. Checked fuses, all ok.
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: All of the above was done at Honda garage. They suspect SRS control unit to be faulty. They say this is rare as car has not been in a crash or battery has never run down. They want to have car for a couple of days and to talk to Honda Belgium to see why it might have happened. Quoting £1300 for new unit.
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: Sorry I kee[
JA: What year is your Honda?
Customer: Sorry I keep pressing return and it ends message. Car is Honda CRV-V-SE-T1 Vetec Automatic , Reg 2014. Done about 22k miles.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We are not car techy so need 2nd opinion
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Think that is all
JA: OK. I'm sending you to a secure page to join JustAnswer. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, I am sorry to hear that you are having this problem, module failures can be really expensive, I would like to know if the cost of the 1300 includes the module replacement or if it is just the overhaul?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I think it is the control unit. Quote says "Suspect SRS control unit to be faulty - £1270.28 fitted incl
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Dont think live call any use.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is this an unreasonable charge for a module replacement?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is there anyone other place other than Honda to fix this problem

Dear customer it is not an excessive cost is what the official agencies normally charge for this kind of work, however I would also be inclined to look for other offers in unofficial workshop, if you wish leave me your address and throughout the day I will get you sites where they can do this work at a lower cost.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you. My address is 6A Browning Road, Harpenden, Herts AL5 4TR. Quote came from Honda St Albans, Herts

Dear customer the following sites have been recommended to me by customers in the area

Citronics

+441582766511

D & K Automotive

+441582769397

Pan Auto Services

+441582469955

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
thank you for your help. I shall try them.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.