sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Radiator leaking, Yes underneath rad, Range rover sport 4.2

Customer Question

Radiator leaking
JA: How old are the hoses? And just to clarify, can you actually see the leak?
Customer: Yes underneath rad
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Range rover sport 4.2 supercharged 2007
JA: What year is your Range Rover?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No but have been told there are 2 rads
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Car
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 18 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they know the make, model, year of your vehicle, engine type and size, fuel type and registration plate number.
Please provide the information above to help Experts find a solution quicker.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Tetyana – Moderator
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer radiators normally leak through the caps as you will see radiators have two caps an upper and a lower one, these caps due to excess pressure tend to open and do not fill the radiator properly so they start to play, I recommend replacing the radiators when this happens because some people take the radiators in for repair to save a few pounds but these repairs are usually useless as sometimes after a short time they fail again.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thanks

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.