sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have an evoque Range Rover car and I’ve started the engine

Customer Question

I have an evoque Range Rover car and I’ve started the engine this morning but the dial for the gear accelerator has locked so I can’t move it to change gears
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: Hi , is the transmission the age of the car? no I don’t know how to check the brake switch
JA: What year is your Range Rover?
Customer: 2014
JA: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have put the engine on and tried to move the dial but can’t, I’d like to try and resolve it , would it help if I check the brake switch, how do I do that? Do you think it’ll help ?
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I don’t think the mechanic needs anymore info
Category: Car
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 14 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they know the make, model, year of your vehicle, engine type and size, fuel type and registration plate number.
Please provide the information above to help Experts find a solution quicker.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Tetyana – Moderator
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have a evoque Range Rover 2014 H5 DEN car, and this morning I could not drive the car. I can start the engine but the dial to change to parked to drive gear it has locked .. so I can’t drive the car it’s permanently in parked
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, I would like to know precisely which dial you cannot move, it would be very helpful if you could share a picture with me.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Dear customer it seems to me that your problem is the gear lever selector, if this is so according to the model there are several ways to unlock it for example removing the coaster you can access an emergency dress to release it, but if the selector is outside it is probably a problem of the brake sensor that is not allowing movement of the selector as the brake sensor works as a kind of protection so that the selector does not move without the knowledge of the user.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Useful information
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.