sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 1998 AM DB7 Manual. The throttle takes a very time

Good morning. My name is***** have a 1998 AM DB7 Manual. The throttle takes a very long time to settle after letting my foot off the pedal resulting in the engine revving very high when the clutch is depressed to change gear. Any ideas?
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: No. The throttle remains high even in neutral. If you sit and rev the car the revs take ages to settle and sometimes don't settle fullu to tick over
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Aston Martin DB7 Manual 1998
JA: Are you fixing your DB9 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not fixing it myself. I took to garage thinking that there was a cable sticking but was told it is some sort of automatic valve. I just want to order the relevant part but dont know what I need
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thanks.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer the throttle body of your Aston Martin works with potentiometer the potentiometer is a single component of electronic board which is responsible for receiving the sensor signals from the accelerator pedal in addition to regulating the minimum loads practically does the same as the set of sensors in a single component the problem you are presenting is very characteristic of problems in the potentiometer can even do just dirt that is making the throttle body butterfly is stuck and it costs you back or may be problems in the accelerator pedal including its sensor.