sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I need to replace the N/S rear seat belt on my 2015 ford

I need to replace the N/S rear seat belt on my 2015 ford kuga.
JA: Which belt are you dealing with? And have you changed one before?
Customer: it’s the N/S rear. I’ve never attempted this but I’m wondering if I can get the plastics off without breaking off lugs etc
JA: What is the model of your '15 Ford?
Customer: 2.0 titanium tdci
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have a replacement belt with the correct part number. I intend to do the job my self but haven’t started yet
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, my worry is damaging the plastics

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, please send a picture of the plastics you are referring to that you can break?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you Jose, I’ve now done the job. All good

Dear customer, i am glad your problem has now been sorted.
If there's anything else I could help with later let me know.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I expected a reply sooner than it came. My question made reference to avoiding damage to the plastic interior parts when replacing a rear seat belt. The respondent asked for photos of the plastics in question which led me to believe the respondent had never attempted this task, otherwise there was no need for photos. I completed the job in hand applying logic prior to getting any response.

Dear customer, the photo is to give me an idea of what you have done so far and to confirm that everything is in its original form. I am very pleased that you were able to solve your problem, but that is why I asked you for photos.