sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Got a nox sensor issue, NOX sensor error code P220400,

got a nox sensor issue
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: NOX sensor error code P220400
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Mercedes E220 2016
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was looking to install the sensor myself but heard that the engine management light doesn't go off
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: got adblue warnign on dash as well

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
no problem, nice to meet you

Dear customer here on sensor what else can be giving problems that lambda sensor or oxygen sensor that error code is the most representative and is the one that should be doing the failure of the system start stop accelerator and so on.

The problem is that the oxygen sensor is a sensor that is in charge of measuring the air-fuel mixture through the exhaust gases many times when we have these error codes we proceed to replace the sensor but this corrects the problem because basically it is telling us that there is a problem either in the amount of fuel injection or in the amount of air intake.

when this type of problem occurs, you should not proceed directly to replace the oxygen sensor but you should proceed to do a maintenance of the air intake system and the fuel injection system, because there is something in one of these two components that is causing a lack of power supply of one of the two so it is good to do maintenance to both and this corrects in this type of problem, also you through the live data stream that gives us the scanner you can check the oxygen sensor crossover and determine exactly which of the two components is also if the catalyst has problems or more accurately The hive that is inside the catalyst has problems the oxygen sensor also tells us why it is good to verify that The catalyst hive does not have problems this is done with a probe that is used to check the catalyst hive. This is done with a special probe that is inserted just where the oxygen sensor goes, this probe is a camera with a light and we can see the state of the catalytic converter hive that it has not been destroyed. Below is a photograph of a catalytic converter hive so that you understand that it cannot be obstructed by dirt because otherwise it inhibits the acceleration. In the picture you can see a clogged one on the right and a non clogged one on the left, that is why it is very important that the catalytic converter is correct as well as the injection system.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The car has just been serviced. Mercedes specialist said its a nox sensor. Also my start stop function doesn't work. If I replace the nox sensor does it need coding or anything.

You need a code reset, this is common after replacement.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
What do you mean by code reset? Do you mean error codes on ecu clearing?

Yes dear customer, a data reset, which clears the error codes.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you will try tomorrow and let you know if that works.

Dear customer, I remain attentive.