sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I’ve recently bought a mk2.5 2009 Focus estate with the 2.0D

Hi I’ve recently bought a mk2.5 2009 Focus estate with the 2.0D TDCI engine in runs a dream has recently developed a fault of a slight judder on idle and when I turn the engine off it’s really harsh doesn’t shut down like it should. looked into it and found my anti shudder/ air shut off flap isn’t getting any vacuum, checked all the vacuum to the solenoid on top of the A/C pump that’s all there voltages are all there but it wasn’t outputting vacuum on shut down of engine or occasionally at idle like it’s supposed to. Replaced the solenoid as I thought it was at fault but still the same, Have seen a couple of threads on the internet people with the same fault no vacuum coming from the solenoid to the flap but no one has mentioned if they’ve fixed it just wondering if anyone has or if anyone knows of the fix 👍🏻
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 115231 2.0L Dw10 engine
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I will be yes, I’ve check the voltages seem on vacuum to the solenoid but not coming out on ignition off
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I’ve replace the solenoid and all the vacuum pipes for new ones
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Also there’s no fault codes stored and no management lights on, Seems to drive absolutely fine I’ve connected a mitivac to the outlet side of the solenoid and monitored on ignition of and it’s definitely not outputting vacuum seems to be a common fault that and the valves sticking shut

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Good afternoon,Sorry for the delay in replying I’m at work yes that’s absolutely fine take your time thanks for letting me know.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No problem you can continue to search if you like thanks for letting me know what are you struggling with? Finding someone or someone that might know of the problem?

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, the problem you mention is very common, it is usually due to failures in the supply cut-off valves in the injector pump or vacuum problems in the air intake system, sometimes it is due to problems in the key cylinder, I recommend you do an inspection of these factors and if possible, make a diagnosis with diagnostic equipment to find more specific error codes.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Sebastian,Thank you for your reply in your opinion (I know it’s virtually impossible to diagnose a vehicle with having it in front of you) where would you start the ignition switch or engine mechanic side? If you’ve come across it where was the fault?

Dear customer I would go to the engine side first check the fuel shut off valve and check what is happening in the air intake and so on.... Then I would go to the ignition system which is the switch and so on....