Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

Broke down last week pulled over straight away AA diagnosed

Customer Question

Broke down last week pulled over straight away AA diagnosed oil coolent housing leek. Week before broke oil sump split had it replaced . Today garage sorted oil coolent housing new one . Coolent in oil ? Base dip stick engine car runs fine . Tonight noise in car rubbing sound at 2 thousand reeves n idle but drives fine . Not head gasket is it ? Oil cioolent seal was damaged n replaced
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?
Customer: 1.2 polo tdi 2012 MF12cfx reg
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Vw polo 1.2 tdi 2012 90890 miles
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no garage done it but noticed coolent base of dipstick
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 18 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Robert
Expert:  Kevin replied 18 days ago.

Hi, Robert, I hope you are well. I'm sorry to hear you are having issues and totally understand how it feels when you have further issues after repairs are carried out. Can you confirm for me the only issue you have now is the noise?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi last week smashed my oil sum on speed hump pulled overf. Splittt it aaa out recovered . Oil sump replaced . Other issues black ecu clicking near batter with black pippedReplaced a few days off no more warning lights . Broke down last week engine coolent leaking from engine . Engine oil filter coolent housing replaced now coolent in pill dip stock showing colllent engine runs fine
Expert:  Kevin replied 18 days ago.

so you have visible coolant in the oil?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
base of oil not sure after draining oil a lil left in it etc not head gasket is it ?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Oil coolent housing seal damaged n replaced today drained oil very milky not any more though but still at dip stick base bit of coolent
Expert:  Kevin replied 18 days ago.

ok so This is tricky if this wasn't an issue prior to oil filter housing replacement I would say it's likely that the gasket on the housing is leaking allowing the coolant in, if this is good then unfortunately yes the head gasket is a possibility

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
the oil cooler housing was faulty hence the coolent it’s been replaced now
Expert:  Kevin replied 18 days ago.

ok so I would run the car for a few days and see if the issue gets any worse the issue here is its very difficult to get it all out so it's not unusual to get some residue left behind

Expert:  Kevin replied 17 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!