Phillip H
Phillip H, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

I have a 2021 crafter. the camber is out by 2degrees. I was

I have a 2021 crafter. the camber is out by 2degrees. I was having understeer issues. when i looked at the tyres the inside tread was worn quite badly. it is going in to garage next week, just want to know how to deal with it
JA: Have you bought the tires yet?
Customer: No, had it tracked and was told about the camber issue
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: vw crafter 2021
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, as i said it is going to main dealer next week. just want to know what might have caused and is it common, only 20000kms
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hiya

The Camber Angle is adjustable via the Ecentric Bolts on the Front Damper Mounts.

General Wear and Tear, Potholes in the Road etc are all thing that can throw the Camber Angle out of line exactly as for the Tow Angle.

If the garage cheked the Camber Angle they should have been able to adjust it for you as well!  It is only a case of loosen the Damper Mount and turn the Screw on one side and then retighten.

Phillip

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Do you know if its a common issue

Hiya

I honestly couldn't tell you if it is common however the fact that they make the suspension Camber Angle adjustable on these and Mercedes Sprinters which in essence is the same vehicle tells me that they are expecting the angle to be adjusted once in a while!

Most vehicles are fixed Camber Angles.  They have no adjustment at all.Once set in the factory the only way they are pushed out of line is generally accident damage!

Phillip

Customer: replied 19 days ago.

Hiya

No problem at alll.

Phillip