sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2010 diesel C220 Mercedes. It's recently developed

I have a 2010 diesel C220 Mercedes. It's recently developed a lag between gear changes. As I change up, it feels like there's no power for a second or two before it gets going. Also, on the dash, next to the speed, it used to indicate with an arrow when I should change gear. That has also stopped. Any ideas?
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: It's only been in the past 12 hours that it's happened, but it's pretty consistent. I've only driven it in lower gears though
JA: Are you fixing your C220 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. The problem has only just started.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, that's all I have at the moment. I'm interested to know why the car isn't recognising that it needs to change gear
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they know the make, model, year of your vehicle, engine type and size, fuel type and registration plate number.
Please provide the information above to help Experts find a solution quicker.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Oleksandra – Moderator
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I've done that above reg is KM60 GKU
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
How long does this usually take?

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer the symptoms that you present I can identify how the fuel pump failed I feel that what you describe is a momentary loss of fuel pressure which makes the vehicle does not develop properly through the changes, your model year is 2010 is so it is very likely that the problem is maintenance, but if the problem is in the transmission should be evaluated to make a replacement to the transmission hydraulic fluid to verify if the fluid is in need of replacement and therefore there may be delays in the changes.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Great. Thank you