Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

I have a 2006 multipla which needs a new handbrake mount and

I have a 2006 multipla which needs a new handbrake mount and 2 cables, the garage has told me that these parts are no longer available. Not sure what I can do
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Dynamic JTD 1910cc diesel
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: it has full service history and was last serviced in December 2020
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no! I took it to a local garage with handbrake problem and they have just called to say I needed a new handbrake mount and 2 cables but they were u able to source them anywhere including from Fiat
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not that I know

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Hi, I hope you are doing well. I'm sorry to hear you having issues sourcing parts for your fiat multipla and understand how frustrating it can be trying to find parts when they are in short supply. The cables are still available in the aftermarket for online I will add part numbers to aid your search. The lever won't be quite so easy to find and it will be a case of searching online to try and trace a used version. I've attached the part number to help.

right cable 46547547

left cable 46757058

handle and mount 735266643

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Kevin, Technician
Experience: Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Kevin. Thank you for your response, however having viewed the results of your information it appears that the part I am looking for is not the one you have referenced. I do not need a handbrake lever and mount, the part I am searching for is the Underbody handbrake MOUNTING PLATE. This is the plate that holds the cables in place and is not###-##-#### Do you know the part number for the Mounting plate? This is the part no longer manufactured by Fiat, which is why I am finding it so difficult to find

let me look this up for you

is it number 14 in this picture

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That’s what I was thinking but to be honest I don’t know. All I was told by the mechanic is that it is a 4 bolt handbrake mounting plate. The one on the car is totally rusted and hanging off, Ibelieve it is only the cables holding it on. He did tell me he had taken a photo so will ask him to send it to me and hopefully it might be a clear picture

ok perfect that will help send it over when you have it and il take a look

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Couldn’t contact the garage but took a couple of photos myself. Hope they are of use. It’s the bolted piece behind cables, it looks like the bottom has rusted out. It certainly looks a similar shape to fig 14, but I’m not a mechanic.

ok yes, I agree it does look like 14 in the picture. the part number is 46553006

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you for confirming this, now to find one!

Good luck. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!