Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

My 500 stalls and all the lights come on the dash. I am told

Customer Question

My 500 stalls and all the lights come on the dash. I am told by the aa it is an ECU problem. Where and how can I get it fixed. thank you
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Fiat 500 61 registration
JA: Are you fixing your 500e yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: All that has been done so far is to reset the computer and it works for a while then it happens again. No I am NOT doing it myself.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not really. I can asnwer any questions as aksed
Category: Car
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Expert:  Kevin replied 13 days ago.

Hi, I hope you are doing well. I'm really sorry to hear you are having issues with your fiat 500. I totally understand how worrying this can be and very frustrating with the aa not being able to provide a fix. With an ECU issue, this means that the computer has sustained some damage or has a failure within the circuit board. there are companies like Actroincs that test and repair vehicle computers. You will need to get the vehicle booked into a garage and the garage can remove the ECU and send it to them for testing to confirm the issue. ECU failures on this vehicle are not a common occurrence so I'm sorry to say if this is your issue you have been very unlucky. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!