sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

19 plate fiat Ducat gearbox problem its automatic was with

Customer Question

19 plate fiat Ducat gearbox problem its automatic was with fiat for 8 weeks they said it was fixed within two day same problem gear not available
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: the van is 19 plat with 32000 miles
JA: What is the model of your '19 Fiat?
Customer: it is fiat ducato lwb type 250
JA: Are you fixing your LWB yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ducato 35 tecnio m jet s a
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no just will not selcet gears
Category: Car
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer from what I understand from your query the problem is in the gear selection, I see that your model already has 19 years of use so it can be considered as something normal for the amount of time the vehicle has been in use, The most common in these cases is that the transmission fluid has problems but surely this has already been ruled out if so there is a high probability that the problem is a wear in the transmission discs and gears and for the year of your Fiat can become normal, you have to examine whether the replacement that may have the transmission is very advanced and then if you consider whether the transmission needs a replacement or if it can be repaired.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No no it’s 19 plate it’s less than two years old

Dear customer from what I understand from your query the problem is in the gear selection, I see that your model already has 19 years of use so it can be considered as something normal for the amount of time the vehicle has been in use, The most common in these cases is that the transmission fluid has problems but surely this has already been ruled out if so there is a high probability that the problem is a wear on the discs and gears of the transmission and by the year of your Fiat can become normal, we must examine whether the replacement that may have the transmission is very advanced and there if you consider whether the transmission needs a replacement or if it can be repaired.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No thanks

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.