CarDoc
CarDoc, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

I have an ESP and ABS problem. I had a diagnostic done at

I have an ESP and ABS problem.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? And have the brakes been squeaking?
Customer: I had a diagnostic done at Kwik fit some 3 months ago. Said it was the rear left side magnetic sensor.
JA: What year is your Fit?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your Fit yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have ESP and ABS on my dash board.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I replaced a wheel steering ESP 6 months ago.

Hi, How are you?
I'm Shabaz, one of the automotive experts. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.

You will be prompted for a phone call by the automated system, only accept this if we can't resolve the issue through messaging, otherwise we can continue our conversation on the message thread.

What is the make, model, and engine size?

If the diagnostic tool is showing that the N/S/R sensor is causing the problem, then that will be the cause. However, it's not always the sensor, I would advise checking the wiring, the reluctor ring (if fitted), make sure there is not any rust build-up where the sensor sits, check the wheel bearing for play (because it may be magnetic for the ABS sensor to read) and also, remove the sensor and check the face of the sensor for damage. If there is damage to the face of the sensor then there is most likely a problem with the reluctor ring.

If you have any further questions or updates regarding this issue, feel free to message me by replying on this message thread.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you're satisfied with my assistance, your feedback is appreciated.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hello Shanaz. Good evening. I think you have a good sense of the problem with the car. What I need is an electrical expert who would fix it. I have no mechanic.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry misspelt your name. It's Shabaz. I thought you wanted me to call you. I prefer texting.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
You can also text on my phone nos thank you.

Call requests are automated. I don't usually use the phone service unless it's needed.

A mechanic with some electrical experience should know what they are doing. The ABS sensors at the wheels are not that complicated so, it should be a fairly easy fix unless it's a wiring problem.