IanjC211
IanjC211, Technician
Experience:  Expert
111627093

I am enquiring about my Aircon I changed condenser and

Hello, I am enquiring about my Aircon I changed condenser and pipes, pipes are second hand I had it checked they think there's leak from more than one place but suggested to change the pipe. Why can't it be detected any ideas how to know.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** am I assisting please Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your vehicle but I am here to help. The system will automatically offer a phone call but I'm unable to take calls at this time. One moment while I review the information. Regards Ian

There are 3 ways to detect AC system leaks as we use in a AC repair shop the most common is to add freone gas with a UV dye to the AC system then using a UV torch you look over the AC system components and pipes with the AC system on as it circulates the UV dye will appear and you can detect it with the torch.

Second is to pressure test the system with nitrogen using a pressure gauge you fill the system with nitrogen then whilst under pressure you watch the gauge for any pressure drop but this can take time to detect if it is a minor leak.

Lastly you can buy a special AC freone gas which has a chemical in it which you put into the system and then you would check around the system with a special sniffer device that detects the chemical when it leaks out of the system.