sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a mercedes A140 c and wish to remove the rear seats,

I have a mercedes A140 c and wish to remove the rear seats, hows this done
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: A140c 2001
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes Is there a way to remove the seats
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they know the make, model, year of your vehicle, engine type and size, fuel type and registration plate number.
Please provide the information above to help Experts find a solution quicker.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Tetyana – Moderator
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Mercedes A140Classic 2001

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, in general terms, for this type of problem, I have found the following to be useful.

HOW TO REMOVE THE REAR SEAT IN MERCEDES A CLASS WITH BOLT SYSTEM
Let's start with the first situation. If you are looking for a way to remove the back seat of your Mercedes A class, which is attached only with 4 bolts, the process is probably the easiest. In fact, to do this, you just unscrew the two nuts on the back of your seat, accessible from your boot, using a Torx bit. Then unscrew the two nuts on the front of the seat, which are located under the seat at the level of the passenger footwell. This will allow you to completely release the seat from its fasteners and remove it.
HOW TO REMOVE THE MERCEDES A-CLASS REAR SEAT WITH CLIP SYSTEM
The process is now a little longer to accomplish because we tend to be cautious with the loops that are fixed in the force, usually afraid to pull too much and break one. How do I remove the back seat of my Mercedes A class that has a clip system? In most cases these clips will be found under the seat, you will see them when you lift the seat off the bench. These clips usually consist of a plastic part and a metal plate that is attached, to release them you will need to press the plastic part with a screwdriver and pull the metal part. In some series, if this process does not work, in most cases, removal will be sufficient to release them.

HOW TO REMOVE THE MERCEDES A-CLASS REAR SEAT WITH BOLT-ON FOLDING SYSTEM AT THE FRONT ONLY
Finally, the last process to remove the rear seat from your Mercedes A class, some years have a folding seat that is not fixed at the rear, in this case, it is the simplest method you may have to perform. You will just need to tilt the seat forward and you will have access to the Torx nuts that hold it to the chassis of the vehicle. Once these nuts are unscrewed, you should be able to remove the rear seat from your Mercedes A class.
That's it, you should now have all the information you need to remove the rear seat from your motor vehicle serenely. If you are looking to remove other parts such as the bumper from your Mercedes A class, we have also made some tutorials to help you with these tasks.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I managed to sort this out before I had your reply sorry

Dear customer, i am glad your problem has now been sorted.
If there's anything else I could help with later let me know.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes