sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2005 range rover sport 2.7 hse. I was travelling

Customer Question

I have a 2005 range rover sport 2.7 hse. I was travelling uphill and the car lost power under acceleration and revs dropped to nil. Since then I've been cranking but it won't fire.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: It's only done it that once, was doing about 20mph and lost power to a stop then cranking but wont fire.
JA: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Possibly and nothing I don't know the cars too well only had it 10 days
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer I recommend that you do not try to ignite more because there are several factors that could have caused this failure and there are some that are quite worrying, such as damage to the timing chain of the engine, when the timing chain suffers damage can cause this type of failure and the problem is that giving ignition with damaged timing chain can bend valves causing damage to the top of the engine.

On the other hand it could simply be a problem with the fuel injection system, the pump could have stopped sending the fuel and that's why you lost power until it shut off completely.