Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 2007 mercedes s550 and the high pressure a/c hose

I have a 2007 mercedes s550 and the high pressure a/c hose from the compressor to the condenser keeps failing at the weld on top of the compressor what could cause this the hose only lasts up to 5 days and when charging the system all readings are normal.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks I'm waiting
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they know the make, model, year of your vehicle, engine type and size, fuel type and registration plate number.
Please provide the information above to help Experts find a solution quicker.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Tetyana – Moderator

Hello Im Rob. A Certified Motor Technician in the UK. And will be advising you on your question today..

Sounds like a faulty expansion valve - if it malfunctions or fails to open while the AC compressor is operating it can cause dead-head senario at the compressor where the pressure builds in the high pressure hose and blows the welds or hose.. In that view your garage in this case should be looking at the Expansion Valve..hope this helps

Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience: Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK