Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

I have just taken my car to have a new fuel injector as one

Customer Question

Hello, I have just taken my car to have a new fuel injector as one wasnt working. The mechanic has said it is fixed but it will still judder until you have driven it more and fuel starts to pass. i have driven my car and its worse than before. Is the mechanic correct, will it get better? or should it just run as normal once replaced? thanks
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: starts fine
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: ford focus 2012
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A mechanic has replaced the faulty fuel injector
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No just what i said at the beginning
Category: Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
My name is*****
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 days ago.

Hi Emma I hope you are well .im sorry to hear your focus isn't running well and I totally understand how frustrating this can be. can I ask how far you have driven since replacement?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
less than 1 mile
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
the mechanic did advise me to drive for a while, perhaps on a motorway however the mile i did drive i couldnt get past 20 miles per hour
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 days ago.

ok so this is not normal, sometimes you can get a short period of driving where it can be rough as the injector is relearned but it should still drive

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok do you think i should drive it a little longer for "relearning" and if so how what duration/distance should it take for it to work normally please?
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 days ago.

it won't get better this is not normal and there is an issue with the injector or something that's been carried out

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
ok thanks, ***** ***** take it back to the same mechanic then? he said if it doesnt work then its an electrical fault - is he right or having me on?
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 days ago.

it's difficult to know I would certainly give him the opportunity to put it right because he's made it worse would make me believe there is an issue with the injector he's fitted

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
ok thank you
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 days ago.

you are very welcome. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!