Malcolm Gillespie
Malcolm Gillespie, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  City & guilds pt 1 & 2
22484842

I have a Range Rover sport L320 when you remove the ignition

Customer Question

I have a Range Rover sport L320 when you remove the ignition key the horn sounds constantly
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: no
JA: What year is your Range Rover?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have removed the air bag in the centre of the steering wheel to see if that was pressing on it but it’s not I have tried the fuse but that’s ok. Iam not sure if there is a relay for it that might have failed
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Car
Expert:  Malcolm Gillespie replied 16 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for using just answer. I suggest having the alarm system checked, also have the 16 pin OBD codes read with a suitable scanner , the code or codes will point you in the right direction saving time and money .. Also have the battery drop tested this can happen if battery faulty..