sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My RR Sport (12 months old) is currently in the main dealers

Customer Question

My RR Sport (12 months old) is currently in the main dealers as Engine coolant warning light was coming on. They have discovered my car needs to have new pump fitted to fix the problem but the part is not available for another week. They have told me however that my car is okay to collect and keep driving until the part arrives and they can replace. Is this correct. Is the car safe and am I likely to cause further damage if I were to drive it for the next week? Thanks for your help
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The engine warning light is on the dash and the warning sign comes on stating Engine coolant level low
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Range Rover Sport P300E Hybrid. Year of Make 2020
JA: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, the car is current in the Landrover main dealer garage
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I also had a mother engine warning light which they state was a fault with a sensor reading the oxygen levels in the exhaust. They have confirmed they have replaced that now and just leaves the pump replacement and the engine coolant issue
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My question is around driving my vehicle prior to the new pump being installed which the garage cannot do until September 20th?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Will it be okay for me to keep driving it without causing more serious damage to the engine?

Dear customer I am sorry for the delay certainly driving the vehicle with a damaged pump is quite dangerous as it can compromise the operation of the engine be very careful with this, as I do not know what damage the pump has I can not tell you precisely if it is really safe or not to drive but I particularly would not recommend driving the vehicle until the spare part arrives to replace, basically because the repair damages when a coolant pump is damaged are very high.