Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

The water seeping into the oil of 06 merc regularly

The water seeping into the oil of 06 merc regularly serviced
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: September 2020
JA: What is the model of your '06 Mercedes?
Customer: E200
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No the mechanic I have used for years told me it is not fixable
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No it only has 140,00 miles on it & was really cared for
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they know the make, model, year of your vehicle, engine type and size, fuel type and registration plate number.
Please provide the information above to help Experts find a solution quicker.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Tetyana – Moderator
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
7th February 2006 date of car. (E)- ***************** (F1)-(###) ###-####(G)-1570 (I)- 3rd Feb 2006 (J) - M1
(J.1)-A (J.3) -1 (J.5)- 1796CC (K) E1*2001/116*0183*09 (M) -2854 (P1)1796 (P2)120 KW (P5) - 271941307274430 (S1) - 5 (V7)- 207
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Petrol transmission automatic

Hello Im Rob. A Certified Motor Technician in the UK. And will be helping you with your question today

To confirm - you mean coolant is finding it way into the oil.? How often do you need to refill the coolant..

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Everytime After I drive the car which would not be far
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No cannot call you. I really want to know if it worth getting the car repaired or not. At the moment we are not driving it now. Do you think it can be repaired or is it Caputt

Ok.. I know the seals in the front case, allowing coolant into the oil can be an issue on them..however its a large job to to carry out.. meaning the front engine of the engine casing needs to come off and you might aswell do the timing chain etc at the same time..dont think you'd get much change from 1K at least....Anything can be repaired at a cost..parts are easily found..just a case of finding someone who knows what their doing to carry out the work at a reasonable cost.

Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience: Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you. That is what I need to hear & will decide..

No problem..Glad to help..