sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a honda freed hybrid. I connected the wrong way when

I have a honda freed hybrid. I connected the wrong way when jump starting. The car does not start or work. I have fitted a new battery. The only thing which works is the horn and hazards.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: They do not look corroded. I have used a multimeter. It records full power when connecting to the fuses connected the the positive terminal
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: Honda Freed Hybrid, 1.5cc 2011 model
JA: What year is your Honda?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just changed the battery
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: only the horn and hazards works
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I made a mistake and connected the leads the wrong way when jump-starting my honda freed hybrid 2011 model.
I have checked the fuses connected on the positive terminal of the battery. They are all fine. I have also purchased a new battery. The only think which works on the car is the horn and hazards. Everything else is dead.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, when a short occurs several security systems can be activated including the immobiliser or anti-theft system, first you must diagnose with a scanner to check which emergency mode is activated and if you can reset it from the same scanner, in case you have the immobiliser system activated you must program the ignition system again.

Finally, there may be damage to the electronic system, such as damage to the modules, but we must first check from the scanner

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for the reply. I have checked all fuses. They appear to be okay. The problem which l have is that nothing works on the car. There is no response. My scanner will not work without a the key going in the on position. l hope this makes sense.

Dear customer, how did you check the fuses? My recommendation is to use a multimeter and measure continuity at each end.