Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

Stop start warning with '!' flashing before it slows the

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Stop start warning with '!' flashing before it slows the car. Plugs and Coil pack changed £648, leads changed, £180 petrol filter changed £110
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: still the car slows down on motorways at anything above 60!
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: fiat 500 lounge 7 years old 27k on clock
JA: Are you fixing your 500e yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: first repair of £680 was Fiat Battersea and the other two are private mechanics. Other costs are rescue on motorways
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: well I hope so as I am running our of money - i am a pensioner
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
my mechanic changed the filter because of petrol starvation.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Teh car is fine around town but speeds of above 60-65 and it fails.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It seems it is always the same cylinder.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
My name is*****
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I would like to know the cost as this car has drained me and I am a pensioner.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Oh ok that’s fine.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No worries text is fine.

Hi, Fran, I hope you are doing well. I'm really sorry to hear that you are having misfire issue with your fiat after spending so much money and i totally understand how frustrating this can be. Have the fuel injectors been tested?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Not to my knowledge have the injectors been tested.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It seems that cylinder 2 is the problem with overheating I think
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
According to the photo

ok, so the codes suggest the engine computer is detecting a misfire on cylinder 2 . A misfire is where the fuel and air mixture within the cylinder is not igniting correctly. Now, this can happen for a few reasons from fuel, spark, or compression problems. we can rule out the compression because the issue would be there all the time at all speeds. the ignition system that supplies the spark has already been replaced so the next logical step would be to at least swap the injector from cylinder two and see if the misfire follows the injector confirming its a fault before spending more money on parts that are not required

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks for that I shall pass it on to my mechanic. To have the cylinder injector replaced would that be very expensive?

The average cost for the part is around £120 plus around £50 to fit. I'm sorry to tell you its likely that more money is needed to rectify the issue but i hope this helps remove some of the stress

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you Kevin I can just about afford that much. Thank you for all your help.

You are very welcome. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I’m just wondering why the Stop start icon would flash just before the car started ‘ pulling a dead elephant.’

the stop-start system is turned off as soon as any fault like this is detected because the system doesn't want to turn the engine off if its unsure it will be able to restart

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Oh I gorgot to say it’s never on and I got messages saying Stop start unavailable before the ‘drag’ . Thx for clearing that up! I think that’s it really , will I get this as an email please?

yes its all sent to your email and you can log back in and view this also within your account

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you so much Kevin. Have a good evening. Fran

I am glad I was able to help. Have a great evening