Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

Clutch is a little sticky and after aboutits very squeaky

Clutch is a little sticky and after about*****its very squeaky and more sticky coming back up to get the bite point
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: Not trouble shifting gears but the pedal doesn't spring back smoothly
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Fiat 500 twin air 2011
JA: Are you fixing your 500e yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My friend tried to bleed the fluid but when came to the slave cylinder trying to bleed from the nipple instead was coming out of the grub scree Screw
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'm not brilliant at cars at all

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm in work at the moment so won't be able to answer any calls unfortunately. My name is Rob

Hi Rob I hope you are doing well. I'm sorry to hear you having clutch issues and I totally understand how frustrating and worrying this type of issue can be. Can you tell me does the pedal changes the way the biting point feels when this occurs or is it just the way it returns?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
When you press the pedal to the floor its not coming back strong so when in first gear and want to pull off its sticky
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hope makes sense

ok and can you confirm if bleeding the clutch fluid was successful as in did your friend manage to do it?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Also after an hours drive the pedal is squeaky really loud and you can hear this from the bonnet
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
When bleeding the clutch fluid we didn't do it because the fluid was coming out of the screw not the bleeding nipple

ok, so it sounds very much like there is an issue with the clutch pressure plate itself and it's likely the extra heat from longer trips is making the issue more apparent. Sadly i think the only way to rectify is to replace the clutch kit

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay its good to have an answer what is costing for something like this

ok, so the average cost would be around £800. unfortunately, it's labour intensive to replace because of the way the fiat is designed the front bumper has to be removed to all access to the suspension to create enough room to remove the transmission.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay wow. Thank you I now know I should return this car to the garage and get my money back.

You are very welcome, I'm sorry I couldn't give better news. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No its fine. I was just unsure if it could be an easy fix as I love the car. But not worth what I paid for it with the issue it has. Thank you for your time.

I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day