sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Intermittant loss of turbo boost and "limited performance"

Intermittant loss of turbo boost and "limited performance" shows on dash
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 3 to4 weeks
JA: What year is your Turbo?
Customer: 2011 TTdi4 (180) engine
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: specialist changed EGR valve and re charges the DPF but its got worse since then
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: engine when running stationary seems to mis fire between 1800 and 2200RPM

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 3 to4 weeks
JA: What year is your Turbo?
Customer: 2011 TTdi4 (180) engine
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: specialistchanged EGR valve and re charges the DPF but its got worse since then
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: engine when running stationary seems to mis fire between 1800 and 2200RPMI run a Saab 9-3 2011 Sportwagen. Hope you can help

Dear customer it is quite possible that the turbo has reached the end of its life and should be replaced but before we do this there are other checks we need to make, turbos can be disassembled and checked normally when a turbo fails it is because the shaft has worn out, but also most turbo failures are because the gaskets from the turbo to the engine are damaged causing vacuum leakage at the intake.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Could it be a blocked DPF? I also found oil in the intercooler pipe

Dear customer, if there is oil in the intercooler this is very important because it is probably one of the seals of the turbo system and indeed it is the oil that goes to the exhaust so the dpf can also be clogged with oil.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
OK thanks for your help

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.