Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

It’s showing a message “secure vehicle against rolling “

Customer Question

JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Mini Cooper D 2015
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i verified the handbrake is holding and so is the park on the automatic gearbox
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: it was serviced on 2 July 2021 and all oils were changed. It has 32353 on the odo
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: 2 July this year
Category: Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks Kevin, as long as I can get an understanding of the issue I can then either fix it myself or take it in if it’s beyond my limited abilities
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.

Hi, I hope you are well. I'm sorry to hear your mini and totally understand how worrying and frustrating this can be. Is this warning now active all the time when the car is turned off?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
it is Kevin
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.

ok, so the vehicle typ[ically displays this message when the car is turned off and it's not in the park position, so if it's displayed and the selector is in the park position it's very likely that there is an issue with the selector not being completely sure that it's in the park position. I have seen an issue with the selector that leads to selector replacement to cure this issue

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
By selector do mean the whole “gear level”?
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.

yes its has an electronic potentiometer on the bottom that electronically detects its position and its likely an issue with this

Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!