Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

My car is diesel engine by accident I filled in with 20% of

Customer Question

My car is diesel engine by accident I filled in with 20% of unleaded and then I topped up with 80% of diesel eventually, did my diesel engine car will keep running as normal or what slould I do?
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: The engine is 2 years old and because the enggine still under 12 miles, I didn't service yet
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Mercedes V class platted 2019
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just tried to keep the enggine running for couple hours, and so far the engine keep running, I am worried if we in the motor way and suddenly the engine stop immedietly, is it can be happened?
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My muchlis
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 days ago.

Hi, My Muchlis I hope you are doing well. I'm sorry to hear that the fuel system is contaminated and I totally understand how worrying this can be. Can you tell me how far you have driven with the petrol in the system?

Expert:  Kevin replied 8 days ago.

ok, I'm sorry to say the concern here is that petrol in diesel can cause a significant amount of damage to the internals of the diesel injection pump which can then contaminate the system with small metal particles from the damage to the pump. I would strongly recommend that the tank is drained and filled with fresh diesel and the fuel filter replaced. This will lower the risk of any damage occurring within the system. I know this is not the best news and may be very worrying but this is the best action to take to avoid some very large costs if damage occurs. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!