IanjC211
IanjC211, Technician
Experience:  Expert
111627093

The timing chain snapped I have rebuild engine but I have

Hi the timing chain snapped I have rebuild engine but I have timed the high pressure pump up to tdc will it still run
JA: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was the last time it was serviced?
Customer: just brought it two weeks ago and then it snapped after four day it’s has 114,000
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2011 520 n47d20c code
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I own a garage in Kent I have rebuild it myself after the chain guide blocked oil pump and taking out crank and con rod
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I haven’t refitted engine yet but I have Alined pump at tdc

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** am I assisting please Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your vehicle but I am here to help. The system will automatically offer a phone call but I'm unable to take calls at this time. One moment while I review the information. Regards Ian

The high pressure pump dont normally need to be timed up as they are under constant pressure to the einjectors then the ECM will tell the injectors to open from the signal on the camshaft/crankshaft position sensors and then the fuel will inject into the cylinders. So it should be fine.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi perfect
That’s along the way I was thinking
Thank you for confirming my thoughts