Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

I have a n x type jaguar 2008 diesel auto the transmission

hi i have a n x type jaguar 2008 diesel auto the transmission intermittantly goes into limp mode
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: about twelve months but no done much mileage since i do not think nthe transmission has been serviced
JA: Are you fixing your F-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i was recovered by the R A C he told me the oil needs changing or draining but my usuall garage does not want to touch it
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i dont think so just that its going into limp mode
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** have some knowledge of motor mechanics
Hi Steve I hope you are doing well. I’m sorry to hear you are having transmission issues and totally understand how frustrating this can be. Can you confirm the Rac have suggested the issue is with the transmission and fluid replacement is the first step ?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
That is correct
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
When driving the amber coil light illuminated and amber light also saying gearbox fault
Ok so I would recommend that the transmission fluid is replaced first if it’s not been carried out recently. It’s likely you will need a transmission specialist to do this for you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Do you know of any in the Derby or Nottingham area
I can look this up and come back to you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
please

here is a link to all the garages in your area listed as transmission specialists

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:14&tbm=lcl&q=automatic+transmission+specialist+nottingham&rflfq=1&num=10&ved=2ahUKEwj72oahxvzyAhVKfMAKHe_JA7IQtgN6BAgFEAQ#rlfi=hd:;si:;mv:[[53.05739274049346,-0.9650920962662801],[52.91974968465762,-1.3152813052506551],null,[52.98862604051082,-1.1401867007584676],12]

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for your assistance

your very welcome