sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Fitted new rear discs and shoes and cables. was in for MOT

fitted new rear discs and shoes and cables. was in for MOT test today and failed .parking brake only 10% efficient. MOT examiner cant understand why.
JA: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?
Customer: This is the parking brake - shouldnt concern brake fluid
JA: What is the model of your '10 Honda?
Customer: CRV dti
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It waas serviced in garage. they fitted new rear discs both sides ,fitted new brake shoes ,fitted new cables. it wasnt working efficiently so I took it back - they took off the discs and shoes and cleaned them and refitted and readjusted them.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Thats it.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hello Sebastian hope you can help.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I'll stay with typing
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hello. You appear to have taken £28 out of my account without my authority and I still havent had an answer from you.

Dear customer, I would like to know what the car does when you activate the handbrake, does it still move?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
it still moves. Brake only holds on level ground.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.

Dear customer I think the handbrake is not calibrated and that is why it is not working properly because I see that you replaced the cable, calipers, disc etc...I don't see why the handbrake shouldn't work unless the handbrake lever is the problem.