IanjC211
IanjC211, Technician
Experience:  Expert
111627093

TPSM sensor, yes, vauxhall viva hatchback 2016, i have tried

TPSM sensor
JA: Have you checked your tire pressure? Do you have a tire gauge?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: vauxhall viva hatchback 2016
JA: Are you fixing your Hatchback yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have tried resetting the TPSM, now all of the wheels on the HUB come up as - - when it was just the back left one
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** am I assisting please Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your vehicle but I am here to help. The system will automatically offer a phone call but I'm unable to take calls at this time. One moment while I review the information. Regards Ian

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thanks

First try this way to reset the light after checking the tire pressures and adjust them according to manufacturers specification, If this does not work then disconnect the battery negative terminal for 10 minutes as this will reset the system if it still does not reset it means there is a fault on the system and will need to be checked with diagnostic OBD scanner to see what fault codes are stored in the tire monitoring system.

In the 2016 2017 2018 2019 Vauxhall Viva, you can access the TPMS reset menu through the information screen. However, you need the TPMS Relearn Tool to do this. Follow these instructions to get started:

Turn the ignition key to the “ON” position without starting the engine

If your vehicle has an ignition button, press the Engine Start/Stop button without touching the brake pedal

Go to VEHICLE INFO menu (displayed by car symbol) by pressing the MENU button repeatedly

The button is located on the turn signal lever

Scroll down to the “TIRE PRESSURE” menu

Use the thumbwheel to scroll down

Press the SET/CLR button to enter the relearn mode

A confirmation message will appears on the display

Press the SET/CLR button again to confirm

The horn will sound twice and the TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message will appear on the screen

Start from the driver side front tire, use the TPMS Relearn tool to activate the tpms sensor

Place the relearn tool against the tire sidewall, near the valve stem. Then press the button to activate the TPMS sensor

Repeat the process for the passenger side front tire, passenger side rear tire, and the driver side rear tire

A horn chirp will confirm that the sensor has been reset

Turn off the ignition after you reset the last tire

The TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message will disappear

Adjust the tire pressure in all four tires recommended on the tire placard

Done!

These instructions are based on the Vauxhall Viva owner’s manual. This procedure should apply to the latest generation of the Vauxhall Viva (2016 2017 2018 2019 model years). Hopefully, the article TPMS Reset: Vauxhall Viva Tyre Pressure System Light (2016-2019) can solve your problem. Good Luck!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have done this, when doing the TPSM reset the back left tire doesnt beep. Now when i got back in the car all the tires come up with - - where its supposed to say 37psi etc

If it does not beep on that whjeel it sounds like that tire sensor is faulty. Try the battery disconnect as this will reset the full system possibly as long as there is no faults if it stays on you will have to get that sensor checked and replaced if needed.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
is it safe to disconnect the battery, i have never done this before ?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
also why is it saying - - on all 4 tires when i tried remapping it now when it was just the back left
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
sorry for all questions, thanks for your help ^
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i also got a wheel changed then a day later this happened. could this be the reason why ? - it was the front right tire but its the back that isnt reading.

Ye sit is safe todisconnect the battery.

Did you see them change the tire ? as sometimes it can be put back on to a differant wheel if you had more than 1 changed.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i only got one tire changed, this was the front right. i went to get cash so i didnt see

Check if the wheel is dirty compared to the other rear wheel as normally front wheels are dirtier than rear wheels from the excessive brake dust if the wheels look cleaner then it is possible they damaged the sensor and changed them so you wont blame them as it is common to damage them when replacing tires.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
they took about 5mins changing my tire theres no way they could of replaced them in that time surely ? i think i will need to get it checked out i will try the battery reset - thanks for your help