Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My key won't turn in the ignition and can't get the key out

My key won't turn in the ignition and can't get the key out so i need a new or secondhand cylinder block.
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Can turn the steering wheel a bit, the key is bent a little bit, at the moment it still starts sometimes.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2001 NISSAN MICRA 998cc
JA: Are you fixing your Micra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took it for a MOT last week and asked them to look at it and they told my they had oiled it, but still not satisfactory, is better but still can't get the key out, i have a spare key.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I told them all i have told you, i don't know of anything else, would just like to get a new ignition block.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I live on the Isle of Wight so just want the ignition block but must be the right one.

Dear customer, on ebay there are authorized distributors for this cylinder key set, I will leave you the following links:

https://www.ebay.es/itm/144287349996
https://www.ebay.es/itm/403294961677
https://www.ebay.es/itm/124999268363
https://www.ebay.es/itm/353759324628

but, to tell the truth, it is better to locate an automotive locksmith company near your location, they install these key cylinder assemblies at low costs, likewise if you buy these parts on ebay you must install them in your micra, it seems to me better that the locksmith technicians do this work and provide the parts.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I could not find a solution to my request, so would like to know how i keep in touch with you in the future, if only to stop my money being paid.

dear customer, I apologise, I don't understand, how can I be of better help to your enquiry? what else do you want to know?

If you wish you can tell me where you are and I will be happy to help you locate an automotive locksmith company.

as for the time of your consultation, don't worry, this consultation can be open for days and you can come back.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I live on the Isle of Wight, in East Cowes, PO326JB

dear customer, allow me a moment

Dear customer, I'm sorry, I can't find any locksmith workshops near you, what I could recommend you is to buy through the links I sent you, send it to your location and then have a technician you trust do the installation work.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks for your answer, i looked on some of your links, and could not find the right ignition, they ask questions i can't answer, i put in the right details that i know, but that does not seem to matter.

Dear customer, I'm sorry I can't find the part you need, I will release the enquiry for another expert to help you.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes

Hello im Rob. A UK Certified Motor Technician assisting you today...

You'll be bascially looking for a K11 Micra ignition barrel..You shouldnt havent any issue finding these,new or secondhand on the likes of EBAY - if you search specifically for the K11 Micra... Ive included a link below to UK based ebay site which you should of been directed too..

CLICK HERE

Obviously you will end up with new ignition keys..so these wont fit the boot or doors etc..you will need to keep the exisiting key for that..Is there anything else i can help you with?

Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience: Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for the information.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I took your advise and have ordered one that will come with 2 keys in a few days, thank you so much.

Thats good to know..least now you can move forward with the repair...if you ever need to ask anything further or need further clarification on anything detailed above..im happy to help..

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you Bye.

Best of luck