Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

My Volvo driver’s door doesn’t always lock properly when I

My Volvo driver’s door doesn’t always lock properly when I lock all doors with the key. The little knob goes half way down but doesn’t engage completely until about the 3rd attempt. All other doors are locking fully. Please could you advise?
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: No it’s a fob key
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: XC60 late 2015
JA: Are you fixing your XC60 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Adam Gatehouse
Hi Adam I hope you are well. I’m sorry to hear your Volvo door lock appears to be malfunctioning and I totally understand how frustrating this is. So this is almost certainly the door lock itself starting to fail. The door lock as an electric motor that drives the lock pin and as these wear they just don’t have the strength to fully lock and sometimes unlock. The solution is to have the door lock replaced
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
OK Thank you
You are very welcome. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!