sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My door won't open or unlock, Yes, Ford Focus 2010, No, The

Customer Question

My door won't open or unlock
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Ford Focus 2010
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The handle on inside isn't stiff
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, I am sorry that you have this kind of problem with your door. I would like to know if the door does not even open manually.

Dear customer, if the door does not open even manually it is likely that the problem is the mechanism that releases the door, this works directly with the handle, over time these mechanisms can be damaged to the point of breaking, which causes the parts that release the door from the lock, you may have to disassemble the upholstery to access this mechanism and thus replace the entire mechanism affected.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.