sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a Volvo v60 d5 2013 plate auto, it runs really

Hello I have a Volvo v60 d5 2013 plate auto, it runs really smoothly no hesitation when it changes gear up or down, however once the engine is hot and I out in park there is a sort of rattle from what appears to be the right side of the engine, it will be there for a few minutes then go, and will come back if I acclerate while in park .... One mechanic has said maybe it's the autobox, I'm just praying not has full volvo service history and a recent diagnostics recently flagged up no issues with the transmission, do you have any idea what this could be ?
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Right engine side (if your standing at from of car) and unsure only owned the car about a week it's done 103000 miles but liek I said has always had a full Volvo scheduled service
JA: Are you fixing your V60 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I have no clue about cars 😅 I'm waiting to take it to a specialist Monday but I just want some reassurance it may not be the autobox as I don't have the money for soemthing like that 😰😭
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No think that's it thank you

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Just hoping you can put me at ease a little haha
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Rather not spend £16 just yet just spent £5 signing up after all lol do you have any possible answers from the details I have given already?

Dear customer I am sorry that you are experiencing this type of problem I agree with the technician who indicated that it could be the transmission but there is nothing to worry about if there are no problems in the gear shift it is likely that the problem is simply a lack of maintenance in the transmission the oil fluid may be worn causing an increase in the friction of the internal parts, this would be solved by replacing the transmission fluid and its respective filter.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Would the transmission fluid etc not have been changed as part of the Volvo service schedule ? And would this only cause the noise to be made when the engine is warm ?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have taken a video am I able to send this for you to listen ?

Dear customer these services are often overlooked, which you could check in the maintenance history but it is very likely that they have not been done and usually these errors occur with the vehicle warm.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Let's hope that's what it is how much would it usually cost for a fluid nnfilter change ? So if it still goes through gears well your hopefull it's not a whole new autobox that will be needed ?

Dear customer, this service is not expensive, but it depends a lot on the workshop, it is not necessary that an official workshop performs the work.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** guess I will just have to wait and see what they say on Monday and prayer it is just that

Dear customer, stay tuned on your problem, I'm pretty sure that's what it is, kind regards.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Will let you know what they say, always scary times

I don't think it's something to worry about that much, however please don't leave it unchecked, please don't reply to this message so that I can be notified when you have an update.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Could it be a vacuum pump valve that needs replacing have seen this is a common issue with them and mine seems to be making the same sound as others on the internet with the same issue

dear customer, if you can be involved, it may even be the main cause of this.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (GQ3LSPG)
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Seems like people have replaced part 5 on this diagram which has solved there issue

Dear customer, I wouldn't dare to say what that part might be, can you give me the part number?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
31430964

Dear customer, I would be more inclined to look at the transmission oil than the vacuum.