RichardM1126
RichardM1126, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
110837232

It is just my door and the boot it doesn’t open the rest

Customer Question

It is just my door and the boot it doesn’t open the rest works and locks everything ok
Category: Car
Expert:  RichardM1126 replied 12 days ago.

But it opens manually with the key? Have you had any work carried out on it recently?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
my door and the boot opens with key ok not with the fob and had it just serviced that’s all

So mechanical it is ok just electrical, the next steps would be to check the motor in the drivers door to see if it is getting the unlock signal and that it is earthed correctly, this will involve removing the door card, I’m unsure of your ability so it my need to go to a garage for further investigation if you are not comfortable removing trims and doing electrical checks

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Have the door panel off so what am I looking for now

So you need to check the wiring have you a voltmeter or a test light?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No I don’t

Ok so ideally you need to make sure the door motor is getting a signal and is earthed correctly, which you would need one of these tools to do,

but what you can do is physically check the wiring from the motor, all inside the door and where it goes through the hinge area into the body, check for any signs of damage or where it has rubbed through poss in door hinge area,

apart from this it will need to go to a garage to have electrical checks carried out,

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thanks

Hope you get to the bottom of it many th