sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I am having a bit of a 'mare trying to diagnose and fix a

I am having a bit of a 'mare trying to diagnose and fix a side/tail light fault on the missus' 2011 C-Max.The front passenger side side light and also both of the rear passenger side tail lights are not working. The drivers side is fine both ends. Brake lights and indicators are fine both ends and both sides as well.I've replaced all three affected bulbs to no avail. The front side light was obviously blown, so I thought it may have blown the fuse when it went...The owners manual doesn't list which fuse protects the side/tail lights. Google only yields useful results for the older Focus, and the fuse numbers don't match up.I've been through every 5, 7.5 and 10amp fuse in all three fuse boxes as well as all of the relays and I cannot locate which fuse controls either the drivers or passengers side/tail lights.Does anyone know? Are the side/tail lights fused normally at all, or are they controlled through a relay or the light switch or something? I'm loathed to go to a stealer to diagnose a fault like this.Thanks in advance.
JA: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?
Customer: Yes I have. The lights both front and rear on the left side flick on momentarily when I unlocck the car.
JA: What is the model of your '11 Ford?
Customer: Ford Grand Cmax 2.0 diesel Titanium
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am fixing myself.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have checked all of the fuses and connections.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Not a problem just really need to get the car fixed

Dear customer, from what I understand from your enquiry, the lights come on momentarily but then go out and do not come back on, is this the case?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
no id rather you just give me a way to fix the issue. I am a semi skilled home mechanic so I should be able to achieve a fix if you can give me one.

Dear customer, what is happening is that the lights are not working from one side only, therefore it cannot be a fuse or relay problem, as when one of these two fail it is both lights on both sides that are not working properly.

As the lights that are not working are from one side only, it is likely that your problem is with the electrical wiring.

Dear customer I recommend that you check the electrical wiring section by section, you can use an oscilloscope but if you don't have one you can also check with a multimeter.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.