sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I want to change the steering wheel on my auto car with a

Customer Question

i want to change the steering wheel on my auto car with a more modern steering wheel with paddle shifters, will the paddle shifters work?
JA: Do you have the car's service manual? Does the car have airbags?
Customer: yes the car has airbags
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Bmw 1 series 116i 2012
JA: What year is your BMW?
Customer: 2012
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: im not fixing just mds mods
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no thats all thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
hello Jose
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
id prefer to text thankyou

Dear customer, it is not possible to install a steering wheel gearshift system in a BMW model that does not have an integrated steering wheel. You can replace the steering wheel with another model exactly like it in case you have problems with the current steering wheel, but it is not possible to make such an adaptation.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i can add a 2018 bmw steering wheel but it can't have paddle shifters?

Dear customer, you must install the correct model of steering wheel for your 2012 model, if you install the one for a 2018 model it is very likely that the airbag system will not work properly with the vehicle. You would not be able to configure this airbag system.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 6 days ago.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.