sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2008 Focus estate 1.8 petrol model. Engine

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a 2008 Focus estate 1.8 petrol model. Engine Malfunction light is coming on. No discernible loss of power but not sure why this happened. The car sailed through MOT two weeks ago then this strted
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: err no
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just looked at a few vids on You Tube....one shows how to switch off the light by two clicks of ignition, depress pedal/brake together for 20 seconds then switch back on but I haven't tried it yet
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No and thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 19 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Have you an idea what I should do?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Are you there at all?

Dear customer these engine indicators can be turned on by various factors, these indicators light up when the computer detects a malfunction in one of the sensors responsible for creating the engine components, can be any sensor, the ideal is to make a diagnosis with a ford software to know the exact error code, but in case you do not have one you can try to do the reset from the battery disconnecting and negative connector and leaving the positive connector connected for 30 seconds, if the error code is generated again it is mandatory to use a diagnostic equipment to know what error code is being generated and verify what is happening in that sensor.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok thanks

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.