sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have BMW X3, doors are not unlocking although locking is

Hi i have BMW X3, doors are not unlocking although locking is working using car fob
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: I tired both fobs i tired from inside car as well to open door locks but not working
JA: What year is your X3?
Customer: 2012 wv61ukm
JA: Are you fixing your X3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes myself for now manually I open the drivers side door
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: And then tired from inside, not working
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Any info?, please

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hello mate
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I don’t want call expert

Dear customer, you tell me that the control unit is emitting a signal and the vehicle is receiving it but the central locking system is not responding, is this true?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
How much you guys going deduct from my card
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Already 5 and 16 but I don’t want £16 to be duducted. Could you refund back
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Locking is fine but unlocking is not happening

Dear customer the money will be returned to you if the call is not made, in a few hours if this is not the case, do not hesitate to let me know and let the moderators know.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can I try anything else to manual all looks in car?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Any response?

Dear customer, have you had a long time without replacing the vehicle's main battery?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I didn’t change the vehicle battery
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
But I don’t think this is battery issue
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I want to know is that possible to open the door from car inside
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Currently I only can open drivers door from inside car

Dear customer, all doors should be able to be opened manually by releasing the lock, it seems that you have problems with the door solenoids.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
File attached (36LTP7M)

Dear customer, please allow me a moment to download what you sent me.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
See this video, I am not able to open from inside , is that possible I can open for temporary basis?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.

Dear customer, unfortunately what you show me in the video is that the mechanism is not operating correctly, this may be because the selenoids may be damaged, because the mechanisms that allow the opening are not operating correctly, it may also be because the central locking system is not configured, it may even be damage to the central locking system.

Unfortunately there is no way to fix it momentarily, don't worry this kind of work is not that expensive and you don't need to go to an agency, external workshops that can help you with this even workshops that work with automotive locksmith systems can give you a hand with this.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Is that possible to bypass central locking and open the door from inside ? Thanks

by disassembling the door trim and disconnecting the solenoid system from the lock system. i think this may work.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Could you please how I can do it?

Dear customer what happens is that I don't have the procedure memorised to be able to tell you, this is not a complicated procedure, on the edges there are some clips that must be removed, the problem is that if you remove them in a bad way you can break them and the door will not stay in place, is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No thanks

Kind regards, Sebastian.